Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Why the Property Went to Contract So Fast

In my last post, I said I would reveal why my house sold so quickly.

Why did my property go to contract so fast?  And why did the last property I owned sell in only two weeks?  Both selling quickly in 'bad' markets.

They were both unique in that they sold a lifestyle, not a house.

The property I sold 11 years ago had a guest cottage.  Unusual at the time, it was at the front end of parents living with children and grown children coming back to live with parents.

My current home sold to a couple looking to have rural/urban experience.  Not an unusual desire these days, but a challenge to find.  This  property has the ability to raise animals, comes with a large pond and is just minutes to a Money Magazine Top 10 town to live in location.

Selling a lifestyle home limits your market, but it also limits your competition. 

Consider some of the lifestyle properties available; historic homes, Modernist homes, homes with show gardens, homes with second kitchens, income property homes, farm homes, loft homes, just to name a few.  These properties are not for everyone, however, there are not several subdivisions of any of these properties.  They are rare. Indeed, a buyer may have to wait months or years to find a suitable property.

My advice when buying or remodeling?  Choose something unique, but that will have great appeal to a niche market.  You will always find your buyer when you are ready to sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment