Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Selling Your House, Yikes! I'm the Client!

Every Realtor should sell her/his house at least every 10 years.  Reminds you how difficult it is for your clients to follow your advice!

Once the decision was made to sell, we de-cluttered, depersonalized (somewhat), cleaned, we repaired (by we, I mean my handy husband) and worked on our curb appeal. 

When you have almost 12 acres, working on curb appeal in August is a herculean feat.  This year we were blessed with rain and slightly cooler weather, it could have been worse.

So, tired and apprehensive, we had our first open house.  Wow!  Everyone who came stayed for hours.  The hard work paid off.  We had two second showings that week and got an offer that went to contract.  A week later we got a backup offer.

My advice to sellers is what you hear time and again: Do the work your agent requests, or at least as much as you can.  It pays off in either a quick sale or the most money for your property, simetimes both.

In my next post, I will reveal why, I believe, it went to contract so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment